This meme has been one of the more interesting things to read because it introduces me to more than anything new authors and books and in this case, holding myself accountable to do some new stuff blogging wise. So, top of my list:
- Do more bookish memes, and get out of my blogger comfort zone: Right now, that’s more memes, and trying to write more, and put my thoughts about reading and books, and anything else on my blog.
- Read more backlist titles: I see a new and shiny title, and wham, that book I was supposed to read that isn’t shiny and new gets left behind. Sometimes a new book gets forgotten (woops)
- Say no: my eagerness and delight gets ahead of me and I often say yes when I shouldn’t be. It wastes my time but more importantly it wastes the author’s time, and yeah, I need to be better.
- DNF the hell out of books that aren’t working, and don’t force myself to keep going just in case I’m being too harsh. Because no matter how much I attempt to be, I still feel guilty. Sometimes.
- Audiobooks: there are books with blurbs that have ME ME ME written all over them, but when I try the audiobook and the narrator irritates me, I just give up and move on. It’s really nothing to do with the plot at all and I need to get over that.
- Figure Goodreads out. That site really does mystify me and I can’t quite wrap my head around it being a social media platform. But it is, and I feel like I am missing out.
- Post my reviews on Goodreads more frequently. Because I can fall behind very easily.
- Planning: this one is a bookish blog resolution or goal, I think, but I need to plan my blogging better so I am not flying by the seat of my pants, and forgetting to enjoy blogging inbetween life, work and everything else.
- Read more YA: more #LoveOzYA in fact, but in general. In case you’ve missed it, I like a specific genre and don’t often stray too far from it LOL, but YA is a genre I’ve appreciated more over the last year.
- And last: stop being so distracted! So many series I’m in the middle of that I NEED to get back to. Nods.
And that’s it! Did I do it right??