Can’t Wait Wednesday: This Is How It Ends

Can't wait Wednesday- What are book bloggers looking forward to reading next-

Can’t Wait Wednesday was once Waiting on Wednesday, but the purpose is the same: for bloggers to highlight what they’re waiting on. This week I am waiting on: This is How it Ends

Can't Wait Wednesday This is how it ends

Okay, I so I stopped to take a look at this one because I thought for sure it was the same as this book, which I LOVED, but it’s kinda not the same title lol . But here’s what THIS book is about:

There’s plenty of intrigue, sex, and drugs in this fast-paced mystery, set against a backdrop of gentrifying London.

Ella Riordan is a community activist who became famous when she was beaten by police during a social protest. Now Ella is a squatter in a building where the owners are evicting tenants so they can convert it into luxury condos, and she’s determined to stay and defend the few holdout tenants, despite death threats.

One night after a rooftop party with her fellow holdouts, Ella finds a horrible scene awaiting her in her apartment. In a panic, she calls her neighbor Molly, who convinces her that the police won’t believe she’s innocent. Together the two women concoct a gruesome plan to hide the body down the building’s elevator shaft.

But the secret won’t stay buried for long. As truth hangs in the balance, a neighbor tells Molly he had heard Ella arguing with a man in the hallway and mistrust grows between Ella and Molly, as repercussions of that night threaten to change both women’s lives forever.

So, Ella seems like a hardcore version of Lucy from Two Weeks Notice. Yes it’s a movie, but this is how I’m brain works — and also While You Were Sleeping aired last night. So, Ella. She comes across a murder, and interestingly, her neighbor Molly convinces he to chuck it down an elevator shaft — Ella, I don’t think Molly is your friend.

Naturally, that’s when I realise this is a character-driven story about these two women and how they deal with this body. I’m still curious as to the relationship between them and how they became the friends that would help the other hide a body, you know?

• Sam@WLABB says:

I am laughing a little, because I thought this was a book I had already read too. XD
    I love character driven stories, and this one sounds like there is a lot more to it, than meets the eye. I also like the mystery that is built into the story, regarding both the murder and what the story is between the two main characters.

I’m glad it wasn’t just me! Oh, I agree, I think the blurb might be the tip of the iceberg as well. For a book that is focused on two people, it’s got a lot of potential for character goodness, doesn’t it? It kind of reminds me of Final Girls, but hopefully better!

• sjhigbee says:

Ooo… WHAT an intriguing premise. I can see why Ella wouldn’t jump for joy at the prospect of telling the police she’d found a body in her flat. And the fact that she now finds herself not trusting Molly adds a really intriguing twist to this one. I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you! I’m really looking forward to see what happens between them — if you can’t trust the friend you’d call to hide a body, who can you trust?

• Silvia says:

I actually thought it was another book, too! Lol Well, it sounds interesting and I know Two Weeks Notice, so now I’m kinda intrigued by Ella . . . Hehe, hope you have a great time with this book when you get the chance to read it 🙂

Thanks for sharing, here’s my WoW!

It IS a familiar title, isn’t it! And thank you — Ella’s situation certainly is confusing and interesting isn’t it!!?

• A mystery set in London sounds really good to me! Nice pick this week

• Wow, this sounds so good! I love stories about innocent people who are forced to hide bodies. Must read!

• Maria Behar says:

OMG, Verushka, this sounds REALLY INTENSE!! Not sure I could handle this, to be honest….. One thing I need to say, though: I agree with you — and it’s VERY obvious, as well — that Molly is NOT Ella’s friend. And I have to add that Ella is pretty stupid to go along with Molly’s idea of chucking this body down an elevator shaft. Well, on the other hand….someone has tried to make it look like Ella is the perpetrator, so I can see why Ella would do what Molly has suggested. Hmmm…. Now I’m feeling VERY intrigued! So maybe I’ll try this one out!
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks as well for commenting on my “Can’t Wait Wednesday” post!! <3 <3 <3 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Ashley S. says:

Oooh, this sounds super intriguing! I’m curious to find out what really happened! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

• Sounds interesting too. I’m curious to see how the dynamics play out between the two women as well. Plus, throwing a body down an elevator shaft…definitely dramatic!

• This is really interesting! I’d not heard of this book before. It sounds kind of creepy but in an intriguing way. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

Have a fabulous week, Verushka. =)

Check out my WoW post!

• Priyanka says:

Sounds intriguing! Hope you enjoy reading it when you do!
    Here’s my WoW

• Enjoy the book when you get to read it!

• I love character driven stories and I like the idea of the London setting too. May have to check this one out when it comes out. Great pick!

• Oh, this book sounds incredibly intense and horrible, haha. And it seems like it would make a good movie! As much as I love thriller and horror movies I don’t tend to pick up thrillers and horrors (outside of YA, that is). Maybe this one would be a good place to start? It would probably set me on a binge, just like when I discovered the genre in YA…