Can’t Wait Wednesday: Goodbye, Perfect

Can't wait Wednesday- What are book bloggers looking forward to reading next-

Can’t Wait Wednesday was once Waiting on Wednesday, but the purpose is the same: for bloggers to highlight what they’re waiting on. This week I am waiting on: Goodbye, Perfect

Can't Wait Wednesday Goodbye, Perfect

So, I was hooked by the time I hit the second paragraph of this blurb. I want to know more about their friendship, and how Eden changes through this.

Blurb:

When I was wild, you were steady . . .
Now you are wild – what am I?

Eden McKinley knows she can’t count on much in this world, but she can depend on Bonnie, her solid, steady, straight-A best friend. So it’s a bit of a surprise when Bonnie runs away with the boyfriend Eden knows nothing about five days before the start of their GCSEs. Especially when the police arrive on her doorstep and Eden finds out that the boyfriend is actually their music teacher, Mr Cohn.

Sworn to secrecy and bound by loyalty, only Eden knows Bonnie’s location, and that’s the way it has to stay. There’s no way she’s betraying her best friend. Not even when she’s faced with police questioning, suspicious parents and her own growing doubts.

As the days pass and things begin to unravel, Eden is forced to question everything she thought she knew about the world, her best friend and herself.

What are you waiting on this week?

• Silvia says:

Sounds like a good book, should I check it out? *nods* Hope you have a fantastic time with it as soon as you get the chance to read it 😀

Thanks for sharing, here’s my WoW!

TY hon! It does sound good — angsty with complex characters, and a friendship between these two girls I am very, very curious about.

• Ooooh, this one sounds intriguing. When I was in high school, we had a band director run off with a majorette. It was total scandal. I don’t think anything ever happened to him, other than him being fired, because she was almost 18 and her mom gave them permission to get married. Kind of ruined his career though and I’m sure he took advantages of her in soooo any ways. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for this one.

Nooo, srsly? And her mum gave permission for it to occur? Nope, does not compute for me. Like you said, he must’ve taken advantage of her.

• Sam@WLABB says:

I had my eye on this one, but it’s not a US release at this time. *sigh* Barnard does this type of story so well, and I love the whole secret life angle.

This sounds crazy! There were always rumors around my high school that certain teachers were secretly dating students – a kid from my class even eventually married one of our teachers!

• Maria Behar says:

Gosh, Verushka, this sure sounds FASCINATING!! At first, it looks like a very straightforward situation; it’s not the first time a student runs away with his/her teacher, although perhaps this is not all that common. But then it turns out that things are not quite what they seem…. I think this book will be full of twists and turns!

Thanks for putting this one on my radar! Thanks as well for commenting on my “Can’t Wait Wednesday” post!! HUGS!! <3 <3 <3 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Oh this sounds good!! Love the cover too!

• Ashley S. says:

Oooh, this sounds super intriguing! Plus, I really love that cover. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

• Our school had gossip about teachers and pupils but then it was a real scandal. Now it’s in the news virtually daily. my life is dull in comparison!

That’s the only time I ever hear about these things — in the news, but from the comments it seems far more common, which is disturbing!

• This sounds very thought provoking. I have a feeling I would have a hard time with this one not only because of my work but also as a parent. I think I would have a hard time suspending that part of me as I read this one. But it’s certainly an interesting perspective to come from and I’m curious what the big reveal will be! Thank you for sharing! And thank you for visiting my blog. 🙂

I hear you — this can’t be easy for parents to consider reading. It certainly is intriguing thinking about how things change for Eden, isn’t it? I kind of think that Eden’s POV gets readers as close as possible to the story, without weighing her and the narrative down with what comes with something like Bonnie’s POV.

• When I first started reading, it sounded like just an ordinary book about friendships, but wow, this sounds intense! I can’t wait to see what you think of it. Happy reading!

Intense is right! It’s the promise in Bonnie and Eden’s relationship and friendship that I am most looking forward to.