The lovely Vi over at Gone with the Books nominated me for a Liebster Award and I’m so delighted to have a chance to do this! I had been nominated once before, but my nephews had just been born and I was understandably distracted the last time. But, YAY for a second chance 🙂
Here are my nominees:
First up, here are my answers to Vi’s questions:
What was your first thought when you heard about your nomination?
YAY! No really. I’d been nominated once before, but couldn’t properly take part in it because my nephews had JUST been born (like days before) and I was kind of busy with them lol
Your favorite novel?
The Dark is Rising Series by Susan Cooper. All 5 books, which technically come in an omnibus so they absolutely count. Heh.
What book are you most excited about releasing this year?
I couldn’t choose one! And also, so many different books get me excited! I mean, When Michael met Mina, which is already out. As is Never Never, which James Patterson co-authored with Candice Fox, and he’s doing another one out in a couple of days, called Woman of God, which is about a female Pope. And then Melina Marchetta’s Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil, which is already out.
What is your favorite author?
I would say all of them, but I’m going to go with Susan Cooper, because the Dark is Rising has always ALWAYS been my favourite book
If you could ask your favorite author only one question, what would you like to ask her/him?
What inspired the story? There’s such an innocence in her writing, characters and the time, but there’s also an deeper undercurrent of danger, and she’s just managed this amazing balance of things that get me EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Where is your favorite place to read?
A café. I like background noise weirdly enough.
If you could live in the world of one of your favorite characters/books – which would it be and why?
Oh, now I’m going to be boring – Dark is Rising. England, Wales with the sort of lovely countryside, mountains and beach settings. It’s that the setting makes me feel like it was a more innocent time, that despite the dangers that are ever-present, goodness (the Light) prevails.
Ebook or Physical book?
I’m going to go ebook. Yes, yes, hear me out: I LOVE physical books. They are not something I will EVER say no to. For me, at least, it comes down to space, desire not to carry a heavy book with me to work every day (I’m a commuter reader) and cost. I feel faintly blasphemous saying this, but there you go. Ebooks complement physical books, IMO.
Tea or Coffee?
Coffee. All the time, every time.
What means reviewing books to you?
Sharing my thoughts with my people 😉 And, it means learning from others to think differently about things.
What book would you like to be made into a movie and who would you cast in the leading roles?
I’d like The Dark is Rising series to get the Harry Potter treatment. I’d like the cast to be British, to be set in England and Wales and the beachside, keeping the time and the places true to the book, because the movie that was released a couple of years ago was absolutely disastrous. HORRIBLE. I’d like Will, and the Drew kids, wo are the main characters to be unknowns, but Merriman AKA Merlin I’d go Patrick Stewart or Chiwetel Ejiofor because their accents and voices give me the shivers, and they don’t need to yell to be imposing, which is what Merriman is. For the Big Bad, I actually did like Christopher Eccleston in the role in that horrible movie that shall not be named. He was the right kind of menacing for me, but was let down by a BAD script.
- What are you reading right now and why did you pick it up?
- What is your fondest library or bookstore memory?
- What is your favourite genre to read, but what trope in that genre would you be glad never to read again?
- What genre just doesn’t do it for you?
- Is book blogging everything you thought it would be?
- Which book or movie character do you wish had a blog you could read?
- Do you always read the book before the movie?
- Which movie made you way more excited than the book version?
- What country in the world would you like to find a quiet spot in and read a book?
- What is the last book that made you laugh out loud?
- If you had one question to ask me, what would it be? 🙂
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you, link it to your post and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think deserve the Liebster Award.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Write the rules in your Liebster Award blog post.
- Let the blogs know about your post and that you have nominated them.
And that’s it! I don’t think there’s a time limit to these answers, so no rush — that said, I am looking forward to everyone’s answers!